UNICHEM’s versatile line of coil applied coatings and adhesives can be applied to create many end market Transportation Products including:
- Motor Vehicles
- Light Trucks and Vans
- Passenger Automobiles
- Medium and Heavy Trucks
- Truck Trailers
- Cargo Trailers
- Recreational Vehicles
- Travel Trailers
- Campers Other
- Transportation Modes
- Shipbuilding and Marine Parts and Accessories
Showing all 9 results
Flexlain® Polyester Coating Technologies
The UNICHEM scientific team prides itself in having the ability to maximize performance using this technology, keeping your economics in line while achieving higher levels of the performance you need. If your products have been served well using polyester technology, but you are looking for a better, more consistent, or higher-performing solution, UNICHEM’s Flexlain Technology might be just what you are looking for.
When performance demands excel, and requirements are more extreme, polyester coatings may not provide adequate long-term performance, which is where other coatings systems may be better suited. If that is the case, we invite you to take a closer look at our other coatings systems throughout our website or, better yet, to see if UNICHEM’s Flexlain Technology is the right solution for you, please contact us.
uniBOND Fiber Composite Adhesive
uniBOND Fiber Composite Adhesives – this type of adhesive uses a single or two-stage process. Both applications are initially applied by coil coating and cured. During the second “B” stage heating process, the adhesive is activated to permanently bond a composite assembly. B stage adhesives are used in many stamping operations and automotive processes such as for brake shoes, clutch pads and gasket materials.
uniBOND Fiber Composite Adhesive by Universal Chemicals and Coatings, Inc., UNICHEM, delivers high-performance and cost effective solutions when industrial adhesives are applied with coil coating as the application method.
Available in single stage (uniBond-FC-100) and two stage (uniBond-FC-200) curing formulations.
uniBOND L VINYL Adhesive
Vinyl laminate adhesives by Universal Chemicals & Coatings, Inc., UNICHEM, provide exceptional performance with added value to many coil coating, laminating vinyl to metal applications.
Available in single stage (uniBond-VINYL-100) and two stage (uniBond-VINYL-200) curing formulations.
uniBOND Polyethylene and Polypropylene Adhesives
uniBOND Polyethylene or Polypropylene Adhesives – these adhesives, by UNICHEM, are suitable for bonding polyethylene or polypropylene films and insulative cores to a variety of substrates including various types and grades of aluminum, electrolytic tinplate and steel substrates. Typical applications are wherever composite panels and walls are needed, such as in transportation, tractor trailers, building products, consumer goods and many other markets.
Polyethylene Adhesive available in single stage (uniBond-PE-100) and two stage (uniBond-PE-200) curing formulations.
Polypropylene Adhesive available in single stage (uniBond-PP-100) and two stage (uniBond-PP-200) curing formulations.
uniBOND PVC Adhesive
uniBOND PVC Adhesives – complements UNICHEM’s roofing adhesive offerings by providing a robust single or two stage adhesive providing excellent long term performance over the full range of ambient service temperatures and installation conditions.
uniBOND PVC Adhesive, like many of UNICHEM’s other roofing membrane adhesives offers the end user wider operating windows of application and bonds strong enough to assure membrane failure, meeting the stringent demands of the roofing industry.
Available in single stage (uniBond-PVC-100) and two stage (uniBond-PVC-200) curing formulations.
uniBOND Rubber Adhesive
uniBOND Rubber Adhesives – These adhesives provide excellent laminating bonding for a variety of rubber type compounds to metal substrates such as steel and aluminum. There are many end applications in the general industrial markets such as noise dampening, vibration reducing as well as thermal or electrical insulation panel applications.
uniGUARD 600 – Solvent Based Strippable Protective Coating
uniGUARD 600 – solvent based chemistry that provides a cost-effective alternative to temporary laminate films. Our uniGUARD 600 can be applied on a coil coating line but can also be applied via silk screen or other manual lower volume type applications.
Unlike conventional laminates, uniGUARD 600 is applied in the same manner as the base coat, allowing higher speed of application, elimination of waste and particulate contamination between the strippable layer and base coat. With adjustable release strength and offered in a variety of colors, UNICHEM’s uniGUARD 600 gives the control back to the end users, while also saving them money.
uniGUARD 902 – Water Based Strippable Protective Coating
uniGUARD 902 – waterborne uniGUARD 902 technology offers a lower VOC, cost-effective alternative to temporary laminate films. uniGUARD 902 water based protective coating offers the same advantages as the 600 solvent based chemistry with high-speed application applied in the same manner as the base coat. This helps to reduce waste and prevent contamination between the base coat and strippable layer.
VINYLOID® PVC Based Industrial Coating
UNICHEM’s VINYLOID® family of PVC based industrial coatings is used in a wide variety of markets, including residential, commercial and industrial siding, roofing, interior and exterior ductwork, building panels, window bucks and any other application where a chemical resistant, exterior durability, insulative value and many other features that can be built into this coatings system as needed.
More Reading About UNICHEM and the Transportation Industry
- Lightweight, Durable Adhesives for Sustainable Bonding Posted in: industrial adhesives - Sustainable options for adhesives, sealants, and coatings are impacting manufacturers globally as well as formulators and end-users of coatings and adhesives. Many industries today …
- Strippable Coatings- Replace Laminated Films On-Line Posted in: Temporary Coil Applied Protective Film - Removable protective coatings are used in many industries to protect surfaces, prior to production, during production (i.e. masking), during forming processes, transportation, and pre-sale, so …
- The Coil Coating Process Serves These Top 5 Markets Posted in: Coil applied coatings - Coil-coated, prepainted metal materials are used in various market segments to provide products that have better coverage than in-house or spray applications of coatings. Coil …
- Case Study – Tier-One Automotive Supplier Reduced Scrap Rate, Improved Quality and On-Time Delivery Posted in: Case Studies, industrial adhesives - OVERVIEW: A manufacturer of automotive components manufactures a two-sided, heavy-gauge, control plate coil-coated with a B-stage adhesive that then needs a fiber gasket adhered via …
- Automotive Adhesive: Rubber to Metal Solutions Posted in: industrial adhesives - Laminating to metal is a common process for automotive OEMs that is often fraught with many challenges. Automotive adhesive rubber to metal solutions must provide …
See All Transportation Industry Related Posts